For a CFD simulation, I have a setup with a velocity inlet (red arrow), see first image below. The air should pass through a funnel and into a wider space, where a sphere is located. As output, I’ve selected multiple faces as pressure outlet (blue arrows, 0 Pa). The simulation runs, but when I post process it, I have strange results in the section cut with areas grayed out (as can be seen in the image). Particle traces don’t work either.
This is what I’ve tried so far:
- Input as velocity inlet;
- Input as velocity outlet with a negative value;
- Outputs as velocity inlet/outlet with positive and negative values, while having the input at 0 Pa;
- Varied the input velocity between 0,02 and 10 m^3/s;
- Added no-slip walls (see comment below);
- Refined the mesh (see comment below).
I expect to see results more like the second image below. Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong?
Project: mustard blower
This is what I get:
While I’d want something like this: