Step-by-Step Tutorial Session 2 - Full Car Aerodynamics (Part 2)

Thanks a lot it worked!

I have the same problems as some of the other users when it comes to the simulation. It says that (The job execution was aborted, possibly due to a numerical instability. Review the log to identify reasons: nonphysically large field values, extremely small time step size, etc. Modifying numerical settings and time step size could resolve the issue.) I have checked the solutions you have written before but they do not work for me. Could you please check my project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=d6a7307a-2119-4c3a-99f5-2e4ec0d564dc

Thanks a lot

Hi @Zaapex!

Have you counter-checked everything @drodriguez32 mentioned in this thread? Is you still have issues please let me know. Trying to help you there!

All the best!

Jousef

I have found some issues and I think I fixed them. So no need for help now.
Thank a lot
Zaapex

I face the same problem. Please tell how you solved it.

This is my link,
Thanks a lot

The problem was with the mesh, I did’t set it correctly (just went through the instructions once again).

1 Like

Hi, Im wondering how can I get a Pressure Drop plot for the radiator just like pics in the tutorials result analysis

Hi @czhang!

You can create an Area average result control item, select the “inlet & outlet” and then can visualize the pressure difference in the post-processor.

Best,

Jousef

I remeshed the geometry. There seems to be a problem with geometry itself. The mesh log mentions:
Illegal triangles were found after surface tessellation. There could be a problem with the CAD geometry. Trying to proceed anyway.
The tessellated surface was not closed. There could be a problem with the CAD geometry (such as self-intersections). Please inspect your geometry. Trying to proceed anyway.

Hi @TusharSimScale!

This should be no problem for this case because the geometry has been tested already. What issues did you have for your project?

Best,

Jousef

I receive the message as follows:
The job execution was aborted, possibly due to a numerical instability. Review the log to identify reasons: nonphysically large field values, extremely small time step size, etc. Modifying numerical settings and time step size could resolve the issue.
The default time step size is 1500. If I increase it shows:
No data will be written since the write interval is too large. Please choose a shorter write interval.
I am only able to decrease the time interval but it shows the former error again.

Please share the project link with me @TusharSimScale!

Will have a look at this.

Best,

Jousef

Thank you

Hello! I can’t find Gradient scheme for grad§ in my numerical schemes when setting up the simulation, what could be the problem?

Hi @tcortez!

This is probably a typo. @drodriguez32 meant “Gradient scheme for grad p”. Changed it.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

I assumed it was, luckily I assumed correctly! Thanks for fixing and clearing this up!

1 Like

Hi there!

I’m currently finding some problems to post process the results of my simulation. When I’m creating a slice I cannot select velocity/pressure field, the only option available is solid color and then I don’t any result. I’ve tried a few times to restart the post processor but it keeps the same problem.

Here is my public project link.

Thanks,
Andre

Hello,

I have a small problem. While visualising pressure contours on the car body, I have a lot of high pressure regions as compared to this.

Blockquotehttps://www.simscale.com/forum/uploads/default/original/2X/2/210e91ba497293659c2967d11f87367075058a74.jpg

Also, my velocity on radiator slice is a bit different from what is shown in thetutorial.

I’m attaching a link to my public project. Can someone have a look at it?

Regards,
Kshitij

Hi @AndreCosta!

For me everything worked perfectly fine copying your project into my Workspace. Can you try going through the steps again please and see if you made a mistake? Let me know how things go!

Best,

Jousef

Hi @kshitij!

Having a look at it at the moment. Getting back to you as soon as I know more.

Best,

Jousef