Step-by-Step Tutorial: Homework of Session 4

Hi,
so the solution is typing endSolid + name of the part in the -stl file?
(I’m using Notepad++ for editing)

Yes it is:

solid name1
endSolid name1

Starts with a name, always ends with the same name.

Ok, thank you.

@dylan
Just an update: It was possible to simulate the mesh you created, I’ll try to simulate the wing with the rest of the car, thank you very much.

@pfernandez I have the same issue of having the coarse mesh on the Front Wing. Tried renaming the components as suggested and faced with same problem. When we setup simulation, following is displayed.

Using @dylan Suggestion i have created the Face sets and started to mesh again. Will give you the update once the job is done. Mean while can anyone check if i am doing anything wrong other than naming which might be causing the error.

And @Akrem I even checked for the cad model errors and intersections as you sujjested @D_Izquierdo @CarlosPrieto @Gianni_S @frankpot. I have no errors but still the same problem.

Here is my project link: https://www.simscale.com/workbench?publiclink=3925aea6-3c07-43b6-867e-17da356af0e6

Hi, I’m actually done with the homework, but unable to share / to submit, as the “share” button disappeared. Can anyone help, please?

@dylan After creating the face sets also i have the same problem. Mesh is coarse and simulation wont run

@varunsura
Your stl file is like the example?
Make sure that it is similar to this (if it isnt just edit it)
solid name1
endsolid name1
solid name2
endsolid name2
solid name3
endsolid name3

1 Like

similar problem… simulation run gets aborted after 16 mins … says error in numeric etc… i have checked all the numeric and values and even changed the run times …

@jeettrivedi
Your stl file is like the example?
Make sure that it is similar to this (if it isnt just edit it)
solid name1
endsolid name1
solid name2
endsolid name2
solid name3
endsolid name3

my naming is correct…but simulation is always getting an error

Can you share your project link?

Maybe you can try to separate each wing component but cant guarantee it will solve your issue

Hi @varunsura,

From what I see in the project, you did not follow my suggestions…

Use the following names instead:

• FWmain for the main wing element,
  • FWflapa for the 1st flap,
  • FWflapb for the 2nd flap,
  • FWEP for the endplate, and
  • FWIP for the inner plate.

Cheers,

Hi, @Akrem @Milad_Mafi so sorry to bother you people. i have separated my wing into parts and when i try to merge and upload it. only the wing appears. i think this may have something to do with the file called reference geometry. what needs to be done with this? many thanks. i want to at least get the model meshed and power on as much as i can then

Maybe your wing is much bigger then the rest of the car so only it appears (you can hide youw wing and reset the camera: if the rest of the car apears them you have a scale problem)

Thankyou you are so very right, how would you suggest about rescaling it?

Your cad software should have a rescale tool

Hi all,

After creating a new mesh (I think that this time I have properly followed all your recommendations), I get a much better -at least visual- result for the FW mesh, as well as a # volumes much higher. However, it still says that the mesh does not pass the quality check.

Maybe I have missed some of your recommendations, or maybe there is still any other kind of mistake. Any suggestion? @pfernandez @dylan

Thank you

[Project link]