Simulation Velocity Field Divergence Issue

I’ve encountered an issue with my simulation on SimScale, and despite trying various troubleshooting steps, I haven’t been able to resolve it. I’m hoping someone here might have some insights or suggestions to help me out.

The problem I’m facing is that the velocity field in my simulation has started diverging unexpectedly. The specific error message I’m getting is:

“Velocity field started diverging. Please check the mesh quality near the reported location and try refining the mesh. If the problem occurred near a boundary, please check the boundary conditions. In case of doubt, please ask for assistance via our support chat. Velocity = 5.25708e+07 at position: (0.09214 m, -0.3375 m, 0.3567 m).”

I’ve already attempted to address this issue by checking the mesh quality near the reported location and refining the mesh where necessary. However, despite my efforts, the problem persists.

I suspect that the issue might be related to the boundary conditions, but I’m not entirely sure. Could anyone offer some guidance on how to troubleshoot boundary conditions effectively?

Additionally, if anyone has encountered a similar problem before or has any other suggestions for resolving velocity field divergence issues, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Hi @nobody0499, thanks for the post on the forum :slight_smile:

Could you kindly attach a link to your project so that we can take a closer look?

Best,
Igor

sorry i forgot to add the link ,i have included the project now

Hi @nobody0499,

Unfortunately, I don’t think refining the mesh will help in this case. The issue lies in your CAD model, it has many small faces that will make it difficult to generate a high quality mesh, for instance:

In that case, my advice would be for you to cleanup your CAD model so that the least number of faces is present. For comparison, take a look at the plane wing on this tutorial:

The boundary layers seem to be collapsing and the divergence happens in them:

Does that help?

Best,
Igor