Simulation can not start:Internal error occurred

hello!i finished my mesh setting and want to start the simulation?
but it said: Internal error occurred.
can someone tell me what the problem is?

here is my link of the project。

Hi @cpeixian: I see you have already Run3 and Run4 simulations without error. I suggest you pay attention to your mesh resolution:

Part of your city has very bad resolution and this should be set to the same grid fineness as city center (I used mesh clip to cut through your mesh).

For such a small simulation domain (should be at least 33% bigger), I suggest to use Custom Wall for your ‘sky’ and left and right side of BMB. That Custom wall should be ‘transparent’ to the flow and have all parameters set to ‘Zero Gradient’. Currently all your BMB walls are, by default, ‘No-Slip’ walls, which is correct for the ground only.

I suggest as well you study that excellent SimScale tutorial about Urban Area simulation:

Wind Comfort Urban Area

Cheers,

Retsam

2 Likes

i have another question about the boundary conditions:
so you mean if i want to make the right simulation(incompressible wind analysis),i have to setting the mesh box like this:
1.setting the velocity inlet and the pressure outlet
2.use the coustom wall for my sky and the left and right side of the mesh box (Custom wall should be ‘transparent’ to the flow and have all parameters set to ‘Zero Gradient’. )(but i cant find where it is?i just can find the custom)
3.use the no-slip wall for my ground and buildings

is this right?

i have another question about the boundary conditions:
so you mean if i want to make the right simulation(incompressible wind analysis),i have to setting the mesh box like this:
1.setting the velocity inlet and the pressure outlet
2.use the coustom wall for my sky and the left and right side of the mesh box (Custom wall should be ‘transparent’ to the flow and have all parameters set to ‘Zero Gradient’. )(but i cant find where it is?i just can find the custom)
3.use the no-slip wall for my ground and buildings

is this right?

Here is the Boundary Condition set as Custom:

Hope you can find that option, when setting Custom BC.

Cheers,

Retsam

1 Like