Sheet Bodies Detected

Hi all! I am trying to run incompressible flow over my car that I built but it isn’t working. Can anyone help?

Hi @davidmurphy,
Thanks for using SimScale forum.
Taking a look at the images of the model, I am not able to figure out the location of sheet bodies.
In general, presence of sheet bodies will restrict many operations within SimScale to avoid any issues in meshing or simulation further down the line.
Here are some articles which can give you a basic understanding of handling the sheet bodies:

I would highly recommend looking through these articles to understand the CAD requirements. And please post your project link in case you would like me to take a look at it and give pointers.

With Kind Regards,
Ajit

Hi Ajit,
Thanks so much for your reply. The link for the project is above and I think it should give you access. If you see any issues I would love for you you let me know. Thanks so much.

Do you think there could be a way to export my cad model as just one solid block?

HI, i am not sure but i think it might be because your geometry have surface without thickness, so you can import to onshape to add thickness and merge

Hi @davidmurphy

I agree with @tilloyev_murod on surface bodies. The model has been imported as sheets rather than solid bodies. I would use the native CAD tool to check for gaps and check if the geometry is detected as solids. One quick try would be to export the model in generic formats like parasolid (.xt) or step (.stp) and check if this solves the issue.

If you have Onshape access, then you can import the model in Onshape and check if they can be solidified already on import. Please try these and let us know if it helps.

With Kind Regards,
Ajit