REVIT to Simscale

I’m trying to simulate this project. But following error massages popped up, Then I assembled all parts in revit and reimported. But still the issue is same. Appreciate if someone can advice me how to generate a single object.

A setup with 133 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them.

In single region simulations, only the fluid region can be assigned to a material. Please review your material assignments, making sure that only the flow volume region is assigned.

SimScale Workbench

Thanks

Hi!

Please try to fuse all the parts together, using our CAD Edit mode:

You should end up with only one part, representing the flow region.

Hi, Thanks for your response.

I tried this feature called “UNION”. Even after that, my parts are not converting into a single body. Any help?

Welcome nguanthilake to Simscale,
I noticed the general but relevant document that @ggiraldof has suggested, but you might also like to review this one I’ve attached specifically for exporting from REVIT might also assist.

Kind regards
Ted

1 Like

I am curious what you end up needing to do to get this resolved.

@ngunathilake and @DaneW I was able to follow @ggiraldof 's suggestion on performing “Union” operation within SimScale’s CAD mode for most of the parts. Although the diffusers are not properly connected to the ducts, which prevents us to get a single fluid volume .
Simple solution would be to extend the pipe sections to interfere with the diffusers and then perform boolean → Union operation again to correct the model. Once done, you would be able to use the CAD model for the simulation.

Please refer to this Tutorial on “CAD Cleaning of a pipe Geometry” to understand the requirements.

1 Like