Question about Rotational Zones

Greetings!

I ran a simulation about an agitator (impeller), and came upon a question about rotating zones. When using a rotating zone is applied, does it rotate the object within the zone? Or does it rotate the zone itself (object and liquids). For example, I want a turbine submerged in a volume of water to rotate at 12.6 rad/s. I apply a rotating zone of such velocity. Does that velocity apply ONLY to the turbine, or will it apply to the liquid within the zone as well?

Hey @DSikat12!

Can you check out that doc entry: Rotating Zones | Advanced Concepts | SimScale - let us know if that helped. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

Hi there, I am currently trying to set up a rotating zone for a basic wind turbine i want to cfd simulate. I have the following error when trying to set up a cylinder “rotating zone” on my 3 blade faces: The operation could not be complete as the input faces are coplanar. Please select a non-planar face or set of non-coplaner faces. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!