Plasma modeling

Does SimScale have the ability to model all four states of matter (solid,liquid, gas, plasma) all at once? I am looking for a software that is able to model the composition of certain biomass such as wood and coal as it goes from solid to plasma while changing certain characteristics such as size of feedstock, temperature, ect.

Hi @tmarquardt!

Unfortunately a module covering plasma simulation is not yet part of SimScale but I would like to encourage you to post your query into the Vote for Features category. Do you know if OpenFOAM is able to handle those kind of problems? An implementation would then be straightforward!

All the best!

Jousef

Thank you for the quick response. I don’t know if OpenFOAM is able to handle those kinds of problems. I am in the research phase of my design project and I am just searching for software that can at this time.

Openfoam is able to solve Magnetohydrodynamics(MHD) equations, which is the theory of fluid dynamics under the effect of magnetic field. An instant may be found in the project that is done by Gonzalez et al.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/352006712_MHD_simulations_of_magnetically_confined_plasma_using_OpenFOAM_Final_Degree_Project_Presentation