at the moment I am testing some simulation runs for natural convection. The testing object is a block made of copper hanging in the air. Its a quite simple setup:
- No extra contact definitions, all contacts are bounded
- Standard Initial Conditions
- Heat Source of the block (3.5 Watt)
- Standard Boundary Conditions for Natural Convection (Made by your User Guide)
- At first Standard Numeric settings
- 2000 iterations
I did two runs for now. Both worked without any error.
Now to my question:
During the first Run the Residuals are oscilating. So I changed the relaxation settings a little and started Run 2. The Residuals are more or less constant now, but they are still very high.
How can I decrease them? Especially the pressure residual is really high…
I added two screenshots of the residuals.
Thanks for your help!