Mesh Not Proper!

Oh wow it actually looks perfect in yours! But i tried to again apply a mesh clip and again the lines as i showed in earlier screenshot are coming. What could possibly the reason for that even i am confused :confused:
Well anyways is it possible for you to just send me a snap of the domain window with the mesh filter applied. I need to showcase it in my presentation. A complete snap something like this

Also i wanted to know when i select Stream Tracer filter in the Post Processor.
Under the source there comes two options Number of points and radius. Can you please tell what exactly is meant by them ? :slight_smile:

Hi guys!

Also got no problem with mesh representation. Can you describe every step you perform in order to get the mesh clip? Attached my settings for the clip:

Best,

Jousef

First of all Hey @jousefm How you doing sir ?
Yes i too am applying the exact settings, but i am using Mozilla Firefox. Could that be a reson i really dont think so. Anyways i feel its not a big deal, but can you please send me a snap of the domain with mesh clip applied similiar to the image i uploaded above for another tyre. Thankyou :slight_smile:

Hi @simscale8!

Here are some screenshots for your project.

Cheers!

Jousef

Thankyou so so much @jousefm :smiley:

By the way: The number of points for the stream tracer define the lines being created and the radius defines the radius to the line around the center.

And try to use another browser to see if the issue with the artifact vanishes!

Cheers!

Jousef

1 Like

Understood number of points :smiley:
So radius basically means the radius of the stream tracer line ?

Sure which is the best recommended browser ? :smiley:

Hi @simscale8!

I tested it and it seems that it takes the radius from the center to each line. I use Chrome myself but any other browser shown on the login page can be used :wink:

Cheers!

Jousef

Oh Got it buddy :smiley:
So does it mean from the center it will extend to 0.35 m if i give 0.35 over there ?

I would say yes but let’s wait for affirmation from the PowerUsers :wink:

Cheers!

Jousef

In my view, is exactly that. Very clear explanation :wink:

Cheers,

Vinícius

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Seconded! Great work Jousef!

Cheers everyone.

Regards,
Barry

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the fast affirmation as always :wink:

Cheers guys!

Jousef

3 Likes

Hey @jousefm can you please send similiar 3 screenshots for this project too ?

Cause again when i am trying to apply the filter the same problem lines are appearing i dont know why :frowning:
Please if you can send screenshots like you did earlier for " MESH 3 FINE " it will be of great help :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance :smiley:

Hi there @simscale8!

There you go:

Please let me know if you’re happy with the images and maybe some of the @power_users can reproduce the glitch you encounter all the time. What about your colleagues? Do they have the same problem?

Cheers!

Jousef

1 Like

These seem Good enough for the moment :smiley: Will budge you again if anymore help needed :slight_smile:
Once again, Thankyou so much ! :smile:

@yosukegb4 & @pfernandez,

our user @simscale8 is trying to validate his simulation for the tyre but has some problems with it. @simscale8, can you please tell our PowerUsers what exactly the problem is. I am sure they can help you out here!

Best,

Jousef

Hello everyone, So i am trying to carry out the external aerodynamic analysis for a Airless tyre with spokes. So basically i want to carry out the simulation for two cases. One when the tyre is stationary with respect to the ground and one where the tyre is rotating. i am applying the boundary conditions as follows
Stationary Case
Inlet - Velocity Inlet - 14m/s
Outlet - Pressure Outlet - 0
Top and side walls - Slip walls
Bottom and Tyre - No slip ( Stationary)
and for rotation case
Inlet - Velocity Inlet - 14m/s
Outlet - Pressure Outlet - 0
Top and side walls - Slip walls
Bottom - Moving wall
Tyre - Rotating wall

But i am not getting satisfactory results for the Rotating case. However the Coeff of Drag and Coeff of Lift in the journal i am referring is 0.774 & 0.513 respectively. So after referring various literature i got to know that a mrf region should be introduced to achieve proper results for such complex geometry cases.

I’ve tried to create the mrf region and have given it a run but i am not sure whether it iss the correct approach or not, so can someone please help me out with it ?

Please be free to ask if you need any more detailss regarding the project! :slight_smile:

Also if @1318980 or @Get_Barried can give some inputs i will be obliged :slight_smile:

Hi @simscale8,

I’ve post-processed your results in ParaView. As you can see in the screenshot below for CL and CD. Your results are very off by almost 95%. This is probably due to a number of reasons.

The first thing I must clarify is that the calculation of CL and CD is based off the lift and drag equation. While the variable of density is most certainly correct, the speed and effective area might be incorrect. I have based off the speed as your inlet velocity of 14 m/s to obtain this CL CD data that you see now. It may be incorrect on the other two variables so I’ve gone ahead and explain what I used.

However, if we think about the rotating zone, your inlet velocity may not represent the correct velocity, as such I’ve went ahead and measured the geometry to obtain the velocity which is slightly less than 14 m/s, so assuming this is correct, the results don’t deviate as much so no worries there.

Effective area however might be an issue. I’ve merely extracted the surface area from Paraview as you can see in the figure under “area” and from what I can see it may not be accurate. So do let me know what the surface area is of the wheel.

On to the other possible sources of error.

Referring to the figure below. Your inflation layers for achieving your Y+ is not present at all. This is likely due to the mesher erasing your Y+ due to the quality control. Refer to this post here to possibly fix the issue. Also ensure that your “Minimum overall layer thickness” is significantly less than the actual overall layer thickness. It will just erase the layers if the inflation does not exceed this limit.

Next, same issue with your bounding box inflation layers, they are not showing up. This one you can refer directly to your project and observe that at the bounding box, there are no layers at Y min. The likely fix is similar to that of the previous paragraph.

Also for you boundary condition “Bottom-MW” is it supposed to be assigned to the inlet face as well? I don’t think so, so do remove that unless I’m mistaken.

You will lastly need to ensure convergence is met. Your current residual levels are quite high and unless somehow this is alright, you want to get them below 1E-4 at least. This means adjusting the numerics for your relaxation values for p or U by decreasing them. Do ensure the end time is longer if you do this as it takes longer to converge. Ensure that your mesh and boundary conditions are alright first.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Regards,
Barry

2 Likes