Merging two solids for simulation

Hello,

i am trying to run a simulation to measure ships hull resistance. I have set up everything already, but it seems like I can not start the meshing because my simulation contains two solids, which means that I have to merge them into one solid.

In Rhino7 I am not able to merge them, since the faces are not intersecting. Is there any other option two merge the two solids into one ?

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for using the forum!
Are you referring to the ‘enclosure’ model’?
Best regards,
Fillia

Yes, I do.

For this you can use the CAD mode:

1. Delete solid 2 (enclosure)
  2. Create an external flow volume with the size of the enclosure
  3. Delete solid 3 so only the flow region remain.

The result should look like this after you leave the CAD mode:

Here is my project (I used random size for the enclosure):

Best regards,
Fillia

But I a doing a multiphase simulation with air and water. So I have to split the enclosure. Is this still possible with the new enclosure ?

You do not have to split the domain in two parts for multiphase analysis, only the fluid region is necessary. Check this project for example: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=4421093729793742603&mi=spec%3A0b53f3eb-2d78-4d73-92a4-1d6cf9ffbcd4%2Cservice%3ASIMULATION%2Cstrategy%3A1&ps=domain

The project that you just send me has also two faces at the inlet side. I can not generate this split with the enclosure function. That was the reason why I have created an enclosure in rhino.

If you want to keep this split to use as an inlet then:

1. Subtract solid 3 from solid 2
  2. Delete solid 3

Check the new model I created in the project.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Mesh is not generated