Internal flow volume problem

Hello, I am a beginner in CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), and I have encountered a problem for which I cannot find a solution despite the various tutorials I have read.
I’m trying to conduct a thermal analysis of a segment of a Formula Student battery pack using the ‘Conjugate Heat Transfer v2.0’ mode. I need to specify the volume of air inside the segment, but I’m having trouble creating this volume. When I follow the procedure to generate an internal volume, I encounter various errors.
I have simplified the segment to facilitate the simulation, but it still isn’t working. Have you ever encountered this issue? Do you have any suggestions for solving my problem? Thank you in advance.

[SimScale project]

Hi there,
Thank you for reaching out! :slight_smile:
Can you tell us exactly what errors are your facing? Perhaps adding a few screenshots will be helpful as well.

Hello, thank you for your response. I apologize for not getting back to you earlier, but I preferred to wait for the new/final CAD to respond. Thank you for your understanding. Before replying to you, I made several more attempts, but without success. As mentioned in the previous message, I had simplified a module of a Formula Student battery pack with only two vents to try to understand how the “internal flow volume” works. With only two vents, I managed to generate the volume, but when I use the unsimplified module, I encounter errors. I have attached screenshots as requested. The errors vary depending on the tests I perform. I’ve conducted numerous tests using different approaches, but none of them generate the volume. I hope I have been specific enough. Do you have any idea what mistake I might be making or if there’s an issue with the CAD?
Thank you in advance for your response. Regards.

Hi,
The possible reasons for this error can be:

1. Possible gaps in the model
  2. Incorrect selection of boundary faces
  3. Possible interferences in the model
    You can refer to these following articles for a better understanding:
    Choosing the Seed Face In Flow Volume Extraction | SimScale
    How to Find Faults in the CAD Model? | SimScale Knowledge Base