Incompressible flow parameters requirements?

Hai… i was able to change the origin …( just to clarify the orgin in MRF is it the center of rotation)
But the arrow does not move from the point, it turns direction from a fixed point…

Do you recommend i should move my CAD model closer to the X,Y,Z plane in the CAD software ??
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @mnoor_mohamed,

As engineer, you need to train your spacial imagination for a while. I will provide few hints, but not solve it for you: this would be removing opportunity to learn…

• Your current MRF setting is equivalent to Origin 0, 0, 0 and Axis to 0, 0, 0. Does it make sens?
  • It would help if you simplify origin definition by moving your geometry in CAD.
  • Origin is ANY point being on rotation axis.
  • Axis is just an angle pointing into space. However you do not specify an angle but use calculated length(s) (Pythagoras and / or trigonometry like sin, cos). If axis definition is identical to origin definition, this mean that axis is not specified (and arrow should vanish).
  • Direction of rotation is defined by using right hand rule (thumb pointing in axis direction, fingers pointing in rotation direction).

It is really necessary for mechanical engineer to be at ease with coordinate system (here is just the simple, Cartesian one) and spacial transformations. So please, play with your project for an hour or two, you will not regret.

Cheers,

Retsam

2 Likes

:slight_smile: yes…you r right…I understand and I will do that …thank you