I'm totally new to this and a bit lost, please help :)

Hi, i’m trying to run a simulation on this T pipe with an extra little curved path:

When I try to run a simulation, I get these errors:

Multiple boundary condition assignments for the following entities: face304@Part 1
and:
No material assigned.

I think it wants me to define the flow rate of the curved section, but that is unknown, I was expecting it would be just one of the things the simulation would show.

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

Hey @vvvv,
i think you should do the tutorials first. SimScale The fluid flow simulation tutorial is very similar to your simulation.

After that we can look and improve your cad model :).

Best
regards
Kai

I went through the tutorial a couple of times, and got the tutorial working properly.
That helped me fix the velocity inputs on my simulation (well I think they are ok now) but it still has one of the errors:

Multiple boundary condition assignments for the following entities: face304@Part 1

I’ve tried lots of different boundary conditions for the curved link but none helped :confounded:

Hey,

Make sure to extract the flow region of your model. Since you are interested in the water that is going through the pipe, your model should only contain the flow region.

In your case, it would be an “open inner region” operation. Have a look here for more information: How to Create Flow Volume Extraction? | Knowledge Base | SimScale

After you obtain the flow region, the set up will be very similar to tutorial 2 (the pipe tutorial).

Here’s the result/set up of the open inner region, in case you run into issues:

1 Like

awesome, thanks for your help :slight_smile: