Homework 1

Link would be nice.

i dont think this is it, anymore.

The CAD model of the Front Wing used in the above example is different than the one used in the webinar. I believe, solving the homework on the above example would not be useful.

Hello everyone, the contents will be published by @Milad_Mafi soon. We are making some final editing. Cheers!

Hi All,

You can find the step-by-step homework tutorial here and submit your ready homework via the following form.

Cheers,

Agata

1 Like

Hi,

I get an error message when I try to mesh the model. It seems the geometry has some holes. Has anyone seen the same?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 8 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.
NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[8]
[8]
[8] --> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
[8] Shell solid_0.stl does not support testing for inside
Probably it is not closed.

Unai

Hi
I’m trying to create a private copy of the project, but on my screen message appears “Loading” and nothing happens, I can not see the model.
Can you help me?

Hi @siliev, with a SimScale community account, you can only create a public project, not a private one. Hope this helps!

I tried but it does not. I send you print screen.

Hey @siliev,

this is happening if webgl, the technology that the 3D-visualization in the browser is based on, is disabled or not supported for your browser. Please check out the help links in our troubleshooting section in the documentation (under 3D Viewer):

If this does not solve the issue please let us know.

Best Alex

Can you help me to create public project?

Hi @siliev, do you mean helping you create a private one? Otherwise with your current community account, all your projects are created as public ones.

Wen runing Meshes I received message then my project is private a I can’t runing meshes

@siliev

at first you have to change youre project settings!
Dashboard->actions->settings->public

I can’t find actions->settings->public

Hi @siliev, if you open dashboard, and click on the project thumbnail, the overview of the project will pop up. On the top right corner, there is Actions button, where you can edit project properties. Hope this helps!

Thanks it’s OK!

How do I save the simulation run for each velocity in the same file? Or do I need to do different runs and generate my project link at the end? Thanks in advance.

@omghalsasi,

a Simulation Run is basically a “snap shot” of your simulation setup that can then be kicked off to be computed. A run is immutable, so you can not change it afterwards. Therefore, simply change the Simulation setup and create a new run. That way you’ll end up with different runs containing different velocities.

Hope that helps!

David