Heat transfer between two or more solid bodies via radiation

Hi there,

I’ve been looking to simulate a particular heat transfer problem for some time.

I have to design a lamp reflector in such a way that the heat generated by the filament tube is distributed over the metal plate as evenly as possible. I have attached a rough image to explain.

So we have a heat transfer problem between multiple bodies that is taking place via radiation. I want to get surface temperature on the metal plate. Is this possible to do in simscale?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @saurabhsaurc!

This post here might help you out as a starting point: Heat transfer by radiation Module on SimScale

Cheers,

Jousef

No, that wouldn’t work too well. My entire idea was to find the distribution of heat energy on the plate ( it won’t be same, because of different angles ). Applying a uniform radiation flux would defeat the purpose.

What I am really trying to do here is a view factor calculation. As view factor is calculated from one surface to another.

@saurabhsaurc, this is not currently supported but is highly prioritised.

Ah, I see. By the way, are there some features that are supported only in the premium version. Like, you can access radiation boundary conditions only in the premium version?

Hi @saurabhsaurc, I dont know of any restrictions in the free version other than core hours and max CPU number and the ability to make private projects. All other features are available currently.

Best,
Darren