Fusion 360 plugin, can't login

Hey folks,
I’m trying to use the Simscale plugin for fusion 360 but I’m not able to log into my account. I initially logged in (to Simscale) with my google account (not sure if this is the source of the issue). I tried using both my username and my email without success.
I’m on this version of F360:

Active Plan: Fusion 360, Student
Windows 10 (19041)

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Hi there, have you tried following all the steps described here? How to Import Geometries From Fusion 360? | SimScale
Please send me a screenshot of the error message you are getting/.

Basically getting stuck at the second step (entering credentials).

It seems to me that this is due to using the wrong information? Are you sure you enter the correct credentials?

I’m logged in to Simscale using the “sign in with google” so I’m just trying to use my google credentials. Not sure how google auth is handled? Could it be that the f360 plugin needs a log in with google option too?

Hi @nachocpol ,

Providing some additional information on this topic: the Fusion 360 add-in currently only works with accounts that have a SimScale password (so using “Sign in with Google” is currently not supported).

In any case, there is a work-around which will allow you to use the Fusion 360 add-in:

• In the SimScale login page, click on “Forgot Password?”
  • An email will be sent with instructions to set up a password for your account
  • After setting a password to your account, you will be able to login to SimScale using either method: username + password or the “Sign in with Google” button
  • With your credentials in hand, you will be able to use the Fusion 360 add-in

Cheers

1 Like

Same problem here.
Cant login with my credentials from within Fusion 360.
I have no problem to login with my credentials on the website.
I used the suggestion to reset password, did not solve the problem.

thanks for any help