Hello, i’m a learner of SimScale, and i’m working in a project involving a concrete structure, the objective is to:
Calculate the upward (lifting) force caused by typhoon,
There are my design constraints:
- I would like to make the entire structure less than 200kg,
- The structure consist of 2 concrete base (each of them <90kg), and a 20 to 25 kg panel on top of the bases,
- The top panel must be at least 10 degree.
this is my project link:
Here is my mesh, strong wind is blowing towards the back of structure (y-direction):
as you can see, panel (the flat surface at the top of the structure) is 10 degree inclined:
The Results control “forces and moments”:
The simulation results:
as you can see, the wind is blowing in y-direction (as shown from the picture above),
from the force plot:
the average force acting on the upper panel is about 2100 N in Z-direction,
the max. force acting on the lower panel is about -750N in negative Z-direction,
My problem is:
- Is that means the force acting on the panel is upward force? with net upward force 1350N??
- Actually, the back of the structure is sealed, why there is still a huge upward force acting on the panel?
- Is there anything wrong with my understanding or system setting?