Flow volume extraction error

Hi

I am new in Simscale, I don’t know much about it. I am trying to create an internal flow volume using the closed inner region flow volume extraction for the airflow analysis inside a bus that i am currently working on. My CAD model was created with Autodesk Inventor 2017. I am getting an error saying “A closed region could not be created. Please make sure to cover all openings with boundary faces” when i try to create a flow volume extraction as shown in the attached image.

Please assist/advise on how i can resolve this.

Here in the link to my project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=9096602946013873155&mi=operation%3A38%2Cgeometry%3A37&mt=GEOMETRY_OPERATION![Capture|690x375](upload://3dwNVQOJ480ORI1kC31s9zhJqmZ.jpeg)

Thank you.

Hey @thorong!

Have you checked this doc entry before: How to Create Flow Volume Extraction? | Knowledge Base | SimScale ? :slight_smile:

I will have a look at this later on - tagging the @cfd_squad here as well.

Cheers!

Jousef

Hi @jousefm

Yes I had went through it before.

Hi @thorong i believe you are selecting the wrong face. For closed inner region you need to select a seed / Assignment face inside the bus.

Hey @thorong,

Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

I created an enclosure around the trailer. Notice that the fluid volume isn’t restricted to the outside, which indicates the trailer isn’t completely closed.

I couldn’t find the gaps. That way, I chose to delete all windows and doors. So, instead of using the closed inner region, I used the open inner region. You can see the results below:

You can access the project link here.

Best,

Paulo

4 Likes

Awesome Paulo!!! :clap:

1 Like

Thank you so much @paulosantos :clap: !

1 Like

Awesome indeed! :clap:

1 Like

Thank you!!

Thanks thorong! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Hi @paulosantos

Could you please share with me the edited version of the CAD Model that you did without windows and doors? If possible, please make it in a step (.stp) or part (.ipt) format so that i can be able to open it in Autodesk Inventor? I tried downloading the .x_t one on the project but i am not able to open it in Inventor (it gives me an error).

I need it for another simulation where i will assemble it with other parts.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey thorong! Sure. Here is the link.