Finite Element Analysis

Could I get some help on how to do FEA on a car, I’m not sure how to set up the simulation.

Hi, and thanks for using the forum.

Sure, we are here to help each other. Please post a full description (including pictures) of your model and structural conditions, then we will be able to guide you.

This is a model. I want to test the strength of the front wing and other support structures in the car body. The car moves at approx. 20-25
m/s.
There are also these 2 round structures which need to withstand a force of 2N downward.

Hi, thanks for the details.

Is this the realistic model of the vehicle? What are the overall dimensions and the material?

yes, the dimensions are 21cm6.5cm5cm. the main body is made of polyurethane foam and the front nose, wings and wheels will most probably be ABS or PLA.

Thanks for the explanation. I think you can use FEA to predict the structural performance of such device.

If you do not have any experience on FEA, I would suggest you to start with our tutorials:

Please bear in mind that you should estimate your loads and boundary conditions before creating the simulation. Also collect the material properties and you should be on the right track to simulate.