FEA os skirt shell Junction

HI all
I am right now doing an thermal Structural FEA of Hotbox(Skirt Shell Junction)in Ansys Workbench. Now I did the thermal Analysis and Imported the thermal profile into Structural. In structural I have to apply Symmetric loading for pressure and Weight but Asymmetric Loading for Seismic Loads using Plane 25 (ISYM=1) elements. I don’t know how to approach this problem in Workbench. Please Help

Hi @mohitsinghnith!

Can you share your project (link) with us here? One option would be to work with a table upload and use the coordinates to define values at each point and make use of interpolation to approximate your loading function with that. One project that shows this very well is by my colleague @rszoeke: SimScale - let us know if that helps. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us, we are happy to help!

P.S.: If that’s a question related to Ansys then this is not the correct forum, however please take my hint and try to solve your case on our platform. :slight_smile: For shell elements, please have a look at this feature request for shell elements and give it a vote: Support for 2D structural elements

Cheers and happy SimScaling!

Jousef