Failure of loading CAD model

Hi, can you please help me resolve this problem.
There are some errors when I uploaded my CAD model in Simscale. The model isn’t loaded properly. More exactly, the part made with SWEEP tool isn’t loaded at all.
Can you please help me?

Hi @Miroslav123,

Thanks for posting your question!
Could you please share the original CAD file with me? After that I would like to ask you for the project link as well. Both are crucial to help you, just send here the google drive link or whatever for the original CAD model :slight_smile:

best,

Sure, but I am relatively new on this platform so I don’t know how to share the project with you. Can you give me your email or username?

Here is the model: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/6b27fe3c585b230ce891ccb9552404a020230603214214/cdeca4726029c4d919606bae07c59c7b20230603214228/33caea

Hi again @Miroslav123,

Unfortunately this CAD format is not working for me. Could you please export that as a generic file format (e.g.: step, iges, parasolid)?
Maybe that’s the main reason why you’re getting the issue, so please try that and share with me.

best,

Hello Mr. Goncalves,

Here it is the model in step file format. Unfortunately I had different error with another part of the final assembly. In the link is the virtual cargo file which had several errors. It couldn’t be even loaded in Simscale. Can you please help me resolve the problems. Unfortunately again, I cannot open the virtual cargo file on my PC because it is from newer version and by the regulations of the F1 in schools competition it MUST NOT BE CHANGED at all.

https://we.tl/t-rrrDoEivjf

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/65111d6371d571a61c48f609a9446c1620230604105405/18c9a9695a06b62008a78a7cd76cecb620230604105417/1e6797

Many thanks for your help,
Miroslav Mishoski,
Aerth Racing
www.aerthracing.mk

Hi again @Miroslav123,

Thanks for sharing that one! There were some issues in the CAD model that I have solved, and I have created a new project where there you find two models ready for simulation (one in .stp and another in .igs), you can use both it is up to you :slight_smile:
Miroslav123 | Other | SimScale

Please let me know if this helps you.

best,

Thank you very very much Mr. Goncalves. Is there anything you can do we the second problem about the virtual cargo?

Hi again @Miroslav123,
The only file which is opening here is the first one, which I have fixed. The other two ones are corrupted for me, so if you can send me that again, maybe in another format, I’ll be able to help you :slight_smile:

best,

Thank you for your help Mr. Goncalves. I have shared the project with you. I have fixed the issue, but still can not proceed. Can you help me?

If you don’t see the projcet, can you please send me your email adress in order to share it to you via email.

Best,
Miroslav Mishoski

Hi again @Miroslav123,

Could you please confirm if that is the right project?

Could you please also tell me if it will be a CFD simulation? Just to make sure the right approach for fixing your CAD model.

best,

Yes it is and it will be primary for CFD, but also for FEA

Hi @Miroslav123,

Unfortunately I’m not able to fix the other two files once it is an .ipt file. Could you please export that as step as you did for the first one?

No worries about those files. Can you just fix these issues on the project and we will be fine.
Thank you

Hi @Miroslav123,

That is the point, we cannot fix the issue in the project once the .ipt file just allows you to fix the issue in the native CAD software. If you send me or upload it in another format (such as step or iges) it will be helping me to help you :slight_smile:

Hello,
I tried to make new projcet with STEP files, but it couldn’t open at all, so the link below contains every part from the projcet only in STEP. Hope it helps

Kind regards

Dear Mr. Goncalves,
Did you check the files? I really need help on this project by your side

Kind regards,
Miroslav Mishoski

Hi @Miroslav123,

Sorry for the delay, I just saw many issues to fix in the geometry such as missing faces, small edges, intersections, etc. I have fixed that and I did a generic CFD setup just to give you the idea that now the CAD file is working well.

Please feel free to make a copy and then do your own improvements in the project :slight_smile:

I also would like to recommend you to do your setup according to this step-by-step tutorial down below, for sure it might be very helpful in your simulation case.

best,