Error uploading CAD models

Dear Sir/Madam,

Again, it’s me, Miroslav Mishoski from Aerth Racing, first Macedonian team to take part in F1 in schools World Finals in Singapore in September 2023. For that reason, we need some CFD. We have agreed with Simscale for a partnership deal, but we need help importing the files. There is constantly the same error with the geometry. In one model you have fixed this issue, but I would like to ask you again to help us the same way. Here are the models in STEP format: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

I will be more than happy if you help us, because we are lacking time right now.

Regards,
Miroslav Mishoski

Hi @mmishoski,

I have fixed your geometry in this post to show you that was not a platform problem/bug which was impacting your simulation. It was just a CAD cleaning issue.
In this case I recommend you to fix those parts, as I did in the previous link above, using your native CAD software before importing it into SimScale Workbench.
After a correct geometry upload, please let me know if you have any issues regarding SimScale CAD Mode environment.

best,

1 Like

As fellow CAE Engineer and former participant of FS1 in Austria, I can attest that " CAD cleaning" is part of the engineers job and not software problem.

For starter, you will find this article very helpful in regards to preparing CAD models for CAE simulations:
CAD Cleanup and Meshing for Simulation | Blog | SimScale

The workflow is the same regardless of any CAD software.

Cheers,

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I will have a look at it and see what we can do.

Best regards,
Miroslav Mishoski