Error: Simulation requires a single region

Hello all, I am fairly new to Simscale. Here’s the error message I am getting,
“A setup with 2 regions is being used in a single-region analysis type. Please make sure that all regions except for one have an Advanced Concept assigned to them.”

• I have 2 regions, one is a nozzle with open surfaces, the other is a flow region. I want to simulate a flow from one end to another.
    But when I was done with putting initial conditions (Boundary conditions). I got the above-mentioned error.

Here’s the link to the project: https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=8896313088400373267&mi=spec%3Aa01fce5d-c93d-471d-881f-c33e9a212197%2Cservice%3ASIMULATION%2Cstrategy%3A21

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for using the forum! So there is a flow region, and the duct, which is a solid part, right? Are you interested in the heat transfer between those two? Otherwise the duct can be excluded from the simulation.

You can learn more about flow volume extractions here: How to Create Flow Volume Extraction? | Knowledge Base | SimScale
Keep in mind that the incompressible analysis accepts only one part, the flow region.
Best regards,
Fillia

1 Like

Hey! thanks for a timely response.

the nozzle is meant for a fluid simulation. Precisely, a water flow from the left end to the right one.
even in that case shall the duct be excluded ?

also can you elaborate on the last comment?
“Keep in mind that the incompressible analysis accepts only one part, the flow region”

If you are interested in a flow simulation, then you can just keep the flow region. Right now you have two regions (two different parts) present, and the incompressible analysis only works with a unique region. You can check the amount of regions under the geometry tree, at the right of the workbench:

1 Like

thanks a lot. I seem to have achieved what I wanted to :smile:

1 Like

I am happy to hear that, cheers! :ok_hand:

1 Like