The projects scope is to model the engine vibration as acceleration time history form. A simple engine block and cranktrain was modeled in solidworks and imported it over to simscale. I created contacts between the surfaces as suited. I created a dynamic analysis for modeling the vibration. I am unable created a rotating motion with a required rpm.
Furthermore, I created a point set and used it create result of acceleration in x direction. Will this be able to model the vibration at that point of the engine block. Could anyone help me out here.
Nice model you have here. The simulation you are trying to achieve is rather complex, and I would suggest to define the scope of the analysis and what are your expected results. Bear in mind that random vibration causes such as manufacturing tolerances, misalignments, combustion, turbulence, etc., might not be possible to be captured in the simulation.
That being said, here are some suggestions to get you closer to a working simualtion:
- Change the sliding contacts for physical contacts. This is needed in rotating connections such as shaft/bearing.
- Increase the physical contact penalty to high.
- You might want to use a Rotating Motion boundary condition.
- The point data will sample the acceleration history.
- Relate the simulation time and time step to the rotation speed, for example to have 100 steps per rotation, and simulation for a total of 2 or 3 rotations.