I try to simulate different heat sink design with the same conditions to see the performace from the heat sink design. For this I was build an Case, an camber, heat sink and power components.
- I was specified the power loss and also the thermal resistor and the fan (using datasheet)
- as an starting example i was use this one:
Thermal Management Tutorial: Electronics Box Cooling | SimScale
In my case the fan will place at the inlet (inlet is were the camber are).
If I try to start the simulation I get an error after 10min:
Maximum number of iterations exceeded when calculating temperature from a thermodynamic potential. This may be caused by low-quality mesh producing unrealistic pressure in a few cells or inappropriate boundary conditions, fluid properties or time step. Inspect fields for large values in the last time step.
I would guess it is a problem with my boundery condition (because I just was trying to set something which make possible3 sens (it is my first simulation))
Waht I want to simulate:
- I have an Cannel with an inlet an an outlet for the air.
- inside the cannel is an heat sink with some power components
- At the inlet is an fan
- at the outlet is nothing (free room)
I guess I do something wrong with the boundery conditions.
May be someone can help me.