Doing a Shadow Analysis on SimScale platform

I’m a Design Engineer in a Solar Company. I have designed a house structure and on it wish to put solar panels. I encounter the various projects on which I have to do Shadow Analysis. I want to use the SimScale platform for this. I have models ready and hope to do a quick analysis of the shadow position for the latitude and longitude. Are there some other softwares which will help me perform this analysis for free?

Your help will really be appreciated. I am being trained and the answers whatever they may be will really help me out. Thanks a lot.

Best Wishes,
Dhaval

Hi Dhaval!

This is currently not possible (at least for now!) but can be realized using the Lattice Boltzmann method. I would suggest that you post the feature request right here: Vote For Features.

Best,

Jousef

Hi Jousef!

Oh, I guess it could really be a unique and really a handy feature for SimScale. Will vote on it. Didn’t know about Lattice Boltzmann method. Will have to look into that I guess. Thanks for the suggestion and response.

Giving you the best,
Dhaval

Hi Dhaval!

It’s a very versatile method - did not even know that you can use it for radiative transport phenomena or similar things, very powerful indeed!

All the best!

Jousef