Data center cooling

DATA centre CFD simulation.
The physics of the problem is convective heat transfer involving fluid flow over the 3 racks in the room. I have provided CRAC units for inlet airflow and door for outlet.
Actually it is showing multi-region error during meshing.
Please figure out the problem and suggest a solution. Also suggest changes in any other parameters if required.
Thanking you.![Screenshot%20(77)|690x388]
Link to the project:- https://www.simscale.com/workbench/?pid=2898394815693498043&mi=run%3A7%2Csimulation%3A2&mt=SIMULATION_RUN

Hey!

First you need to run a flow volume extraction operation. This will generate the flow domain and remove all solids from your geometry.

Afterwards, you’ll have to re-mesh. Also, doublecheck your velocity inlet boundary conditions. They’re different from each other.

Lastly, I don’t see any heat source in your project right now. You can set them via boundary condition (Wall BC, some sort of heat flux for temperature) or via Advanced concepts > Power sources).

3 Likes

Thanks Ricardopg for your help .We really admire it . Me and my team is now working on this .

1 Like

we need to add 3 racks as heat source for more accurate simulaton results . but we are finding difficulties in it as CAD Model consist of single volume body . please we need solution for such types of problems .
Also we have to make mathematical model for validation of simulation results . please share info about methods available for such practice .
Document link -

Hi,

I am also trying to simulate a convection process. I have a question regarding the pressure outlet you specified. It was specified at 1.01e+5 gauge pressure. Shouldn’t it be kept at 0 which was what you specified in the initial condition for pressure.

absolute pressure = 1.01 bar
gauge pressure = 0 bar

could you help me to slve the problems of heat sources ?

i need to solve to problem of heat source . can you help me if you know about it

You cant use power source because that’s only for conjugate heat transfer (at least that was what Ive discovered).

Use turbulent heat flux from wall BCs.

I would also suggest to mesh with inflation layers.