Cyclorotor

Hi, I’m working on my bachelor thesis and I’m trying to highlight the flow inside a cyclorotor. It’s a bit difficult to describe the mechanism but internet is full of videos and info that can explain the topic much better than me.

Basically what I’m trying to achive is a rotating mesh (the main rotor) which rotates at a constant rotational speed and which is connected to 4 blades which rotate as well. The motion of the blades is oscillatory, since they do not complete a full rotation around their respictive axes, but they simply oscillate with alternating positive and negative angles with respect to the tangential direction of the main rotor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxn6N6jr-4g&ab_channel=HosseinZeinali

Could you please help me? :slight_smile:

Anyway, thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Hello
thanks for reaching out to us here in the forum.

Based on the video you need to set up either an MRF zone for steady-state analysis, or an AMI zone for transient analysis. You can find how to set up these here:

Best regards
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, thanks for your support. I’ve just read the article but I still have some doubts on how to define the rotating zone for each blade. The thing is that each blade-rotating-zone should rotate both around it’s axis and also around the main rotor axis (like a planetary). Is it possible do define such setup?