Compression test (static nonlinear)

I got the parameters from a research paper. Here is the link:
Mechanical properties of PVA material for tissue engineering applications | Request PDF (researchgate.net)
Then from the documentation page of hyperelastic material, I use the formula for calculating D1.
Should I try with a higher value of D1?
Would you tell me what would be the most likely value? Since each trial will deduct my remaining “run” as long as I am not granted for the academic plan.

1 Like

In the documentation page it is written that for incompressibility case the value of D1 is at least 1e-10.
But since I am trying to deform my structure it won’t be an incompressible case and so I need to increase the value of D1.
Is that the exact reason behind increasing the value of D1?

Hi again!

Incompressible does not mean undeformable, but it means that the volume is preserved (e.g. nu = 0.5).

I already gave you some values to try in my post above!

Hello,
I have tried with the value of D_1 as 1 \times10^{-6} and 1\times10^{-7} and 1\times10^{-8}, but it did not work for me. I am not sure, do I need to change some other value?

Hi!

Maybe the material constants from your reference are not suitable for the model in SimScale.

Please refer to the following page and compare the equations to see if they are the same used in your reference for the constants: