Can't properly set up flow regions for cfd

This is starting to get upsetting; I can’t figure out how to set up the flow region due to the number of inlets/outlets. I’ve tried the tutorials, but they only cover internal flow volume for extremely simple geometries. Attempted to do an external flow, assuming that would be easier, but that seemed to be a fruitless effort as well.

Hello mushu_alien

are you only interested in the internal flow or also in the flow exiting the vent?
Because both approaches would mean a different setup.

Best regards
Sebastian

I’m interested in both the internal flow and the flow exiting the vent, I’m quite the novice with this software and simply am unaware how to properly set this up.

Hello mushu_alien

so i guess the simplest way to set up our case is with the external flow, but please bear in mind, that this will me that you are only simulating one fluid.

To do that please create an external fluid volume using a box with these dimensions.

With this setup, you will be able to assign the remaining circular face at the bottom as an Intlet and the remaining faces of the box as the outlet.

If you just want to simulate the internal volume, please have a look here at how to create an internal volume.

Best regards
Sebastian