Are my drag coefficents correct? (5/4 Drag Mockups)

Hello everybody,

I tried to model a rocket shape that had airbrakes to increase the drag coefficient as compared to the same body without them, however, I am getting a greater drag coefficient for the second one. I can’t find any mistake in how I set up the model, could I get some help in figuring this out?

Hello rebecca,
thanks for reaching out to us here in the forum.

Can you please share a link to your project here, so that we can have a look at it?
Also have you compared the force results directly?

You can also have a look at this article in order to check the setup of your coefficient result control item.

Thanks and best regards
Sebastian

I just added a link, thank you for your help.

I did review the drag coefficients page, but my confusion stems from the specific results once I have followed all the instructions there

HI Rebecca

I just had a look at your simulation, and for a steady state run please set the simulation end time to 1000.

For a steady state analysis with a delta t of 1 the End time is the number of iterations. And usually, CFD simulations need something between 500 and 1000 Iterations to reach a converged result.

You can set the End time under Simulation Control.
Please also set the write interval to 500, else a lot of results will be written, which increases the run time of your simulation.

After that, you can check the convergence of your simulation as described here:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards
Sebastian