Animation --> See the evolution of the airflow temperature

Hi !

The goal of my project is to be able to see the movement of air flow in an isolated room. Indeed, the air flow is at the base at 5°C and is then heated by 2 radiators at a surface temperature of 35°C. So I want to see the evolution of this temperature over time and see its displacement.

For the moment I managed to display the movement of the heated air flow (particle trace). But when I launch the animation, all the particles are displayed at the same time. I think it’s because I don’t have iterations. I’m going from zero to 1,000 directly. How can I do to have more iterations so I can see the temperature of the air flow in the room.

Update : I managed to create more iteration(Advanced concepts → Simulation control), but temperatures don’t change between iterations. Is there a solution for me to see the temperature go from 5°C to 24°C (that’s the final temperature in the room)?

Someone can help me please ?

Hello, and thanks for using the Forum!

I believe what you’re simulating is a steady-state solution, and the “end time” in a steady-state simulation corresponds to number of iterations. In a steady-state solution, an equilibrium state is assumed and computed independent of the time, hence it’s not possible to create time-dependent animations, etc.

You would need to switch to a transient solver, where you can simulate the time-dependent effects. Please note that the transient simulations can be expensive in terms of time and computational resources.

I hope these are helpful,
Kaan

2 Likes