Analyze Sketchup files?

I think I know the answer to this already is NO, but is there any way to import a Sketch-Up .skp file into SimScale? I have a unique and very large - 1000’ H X 2000’ W - building tha tI need to test the structural analysis of. Also, wind factors, since it will be over a major river. Here is the video fly-through: Riverarch - Tour - YouTube
Is there any way to do this?
I see no entry for .skp files in the dropdown menu for importing CAD files, and the closest thing would be Rhino files, but that is not compatible either.
P.S. I am on day one of my 14-day trial and leave on vacation tomorrow, so I hope I can learn how to do this today, or else freeze my temp account until i come back in 10 days.

Hi @ssbaker305!

Great video by the way! You can indeed simulate this project on our platform if you can manage to convert your Sketch-Up file to another format which should be no problem I guess. If you however intend to use Shell, Beams or mixed Meshes then this is definitely on our roadmap but no release date is fix at the moment .Directly uploading a .skp file is not possible (yet).

Feel free to give the feature a vote here: Support for 2D structural elements

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jousef

I can export to .dxf or .dwg, or some picture formats like .jpeg, but I assume nothing can be done with those. However, none of these formats are in SimScale’s list of supported file types…
I put in a vote for support for 2D structural elements too, but does this mean it can’t be done right now?
This is the interior column set:

Hi @ssbaker305!

No, at the moment this is not possible on our platform. We would keep our users up-to-date when we will release this feature in order to attack such kind of problems.

Cheers,

Jousef