"An error occurred" during mesh generation of Hex parametric external type

Wow, I hope I don’t look too inept for not being able to figure out this one. I don’t see a mesh log being generated.

Here is my project: LazairFoil by DaleKramer | SimScale

Link direct to the un-refined mesh: (EDIT: This link was removed since the mesh got lost somehow?? )

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dale

Hi there,
Thank you for posting on the forum!
Can you also share a screenshot of the error? That’ll be helpful too :slight_smile:

Ah, looks like it’s an issue from our end. We are currently working on it and we hope to resolve it soon!
Thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here you go:

I just tried it again without changing anything but now it just makes a level 0 bounding box mesh without refining it and thereby having the geometry created in it (EDIT my first post in this topic now points to this un-refined mesh since the ‘An error occurred’ meshing attempt has been lost somehow):

Hi @DaleKramer,

We are having an issue about meshing log generation and it hasn’t been resolved yet, unfortunately. Our colleagues from the meshing team are still trying to figure out what is causing the meshing log not to appear (or sometimes appear only after the mesh completion). I will update this topic once it has been solved. Thanks for understanding.

2 Likes

When there is a Meshing Log tree item, is there any way yet to view a full meshing log nowadays (I still only see that last part of long logs in the tree item)?

The 1st “An error occurred” issue in this topic was solved by SimScale very quickly at their end.

As for the 2nd issue, well, I’d like to say that my memory was good enough to remember that I had solved this issue years ago bit it isn’t.

HOWEVER, Googles memory is that good.

I found the solution in my own January 2020 post here: What to do if geometry does not appear in your Hex-dominant parametric algorithm mesh - try the Feature Trick

Basically, all I had to do was to use a trick that I had discovered for Hex-dominant parametric meshes and which I had coined as the ‘Feature Trick’.

The Feature Trick for Hex-dominant parametric meshes :
Add a Feature refinement to your mesh set to the max cell size level (whic his the smallest cell size in meters) of all refinements that you added to the mesh.

GOOD Meshing RESULT:

Dale