About Centrifugal force

Could you tell me the solution about Centrifugal force.
I tried various things, but I don’t know the solution, so I would like to know.I tried various things, but I don’t know the solution, so I would like to know.

![スクリーンショット 2022-05-14 212556|557x500](upload://CcWkb3VPu2GQQxTBnkIEEtziU2.png) https://www.simscale.com/projects/sfukushima/tutorial_1-_connecting_rod_stress_analysis_1/ ![スクリーンショット 2022-05-14 212620|576x500](upload://kpiYXrsTrsSSPplsGNBhHwEbXKj.png) ![スクリーンショット 2022-05-14 212643|574x500](upload://jXZ9jwqeQF8SUybp4H89grQKKMa.png)

Best regards,

Could you tell me the solution about Centrifugal force.
I tried various things, but I don’t know the solution, so I would like to know.I tried various things, but I don’t know the solution, so I would like to know.

About error

About data

My setting

Best regards,

Hello sfukushima,
Thank you for visiting the forum and welcome to Simscale.

You have an interesting and very large rotating aluminium fan object. I’ve tried to understand what you are trying to simulate by looking at your model parameters & forces etc. I can see you have applied a static analysis with a rotation velocity of 629 rad/s for the very large ‘fan’ with a mesh for the 100m diameter fan model, the ‘fixed value 2’ shown in the screenshots has been removed in the remaining model.

Could you please describe what you are trying to achieve, so others can assist you a bit more precisely. You have mentioned a solution about centrifugal force. So my guess is that you want to measure the centrifugal force from this very large rotating fan object made of Aluminium which is rotating at a velocity of 629 rad/s?

So just quoting from google to describe the force you are seeking…
Centripetal force is the force REQUIRED for circular motion. Centrifugal force is the force that makes something flee from the centre

I was never good at engineering dynamics, so my basic guidance is to look at this document link below, which may assist your enquiry & there are embedded links within the document that may also be helpful.

Can I also suggest searching the Public projects for a rotating object on a shaft with static analysis and this may provide a solution and guidance for the project.

Hi @sfukushima,

The reason you are getting the error is because you do not have any constraints holding your model. You need to fix part of your model so it does not move when a load is applied. You can do this using remote displacements or by adding an elastic support to the inner hole.

You will probably need to run this with a 2nd order mesh. Right now you only have one element across the width of the blades and that will not give good results. Finally, based on your speed it might be better to run as a nonlinear model.

Anyway, I hope this gives you a few areas to look at.

Good Luck!
Christopher

1 Like