A multi-region mesh

I have been trying to conduct mesh sizing from a tutorial and could not get decent sizing for mesh. What kind of way should I follow to get it done?
Thanks in advance

Hey, welcome to Simscale :grinning:

I’m a novice Simscale member, but I’ll try and find your project/s & answer your broad question about mesh sizing, but I think the primary cause for the mesh error, is possibly connected with the multi-region simulation error which is associated with the original cad object.

Oh, for next time, its easier to help you when asking a question, if you can copy the link (green circled region) to your project and paste into your text question.

As I said, my guess is the primary cause of the issue is the original cad model and this link, should assist in your understanding to be able to fix the problem. If you wish to refine the Standard mesh which you have, increase the fineness of the mesh by sliding to the right (red circled area), but not too far, as the mesh gets too fine & significantly increases simulation time. I increased the mesh to 5, but it didn’t fix the problem, so I suggest going back to an original working tutorial and copy that and clicking the blue text "Multi-regional mesh problem " below from the suggestion by Power User RetsamPower User and fixing the cad model.

This is an extract from a Simscale tutorial that I think you have referenced, I’ve extracted and pasted what I think is the issue.

As I said this error was the same for me on your model, when I increased your mesh fineness to 5 and the exact same numbers for the mesh error came up for me, so I think it goes back to the CAD issue.

I wish you success in your modelling.
Kind regards
Ted

1 Like