Warning in surface meshing

Hello.

I was trying to do my meshing in ANSYS Fluent meshing. Before I proceed to volume meshing, I’d done with surface meshing and I got this kind of warning.

—Warning---- Due to the size of the model, faces of bodies were not automatically separated for capping and/or size assignment.

----Warning---- To separate out zones of a body, select it in the graphics window and use the ‘Separate’ tool from the context-sensitive toolbar or use Ctrl-Shift-S.

I checked my mesh shape but from my preferences, there were not any weird shapes and I tried to fix it by separate zones as written in the console but honestly i dont understand the method that was written in ANSYS Help website.

I asked around and some said I should ignore the warning and proceed to volume meshing because my mesh looks nice but I dont understand the reason why I should do that. I still wondering about the warning that I got as I stated above and I have no idea what is causing this or how to fix it. Is there any effect on quality mesh etc? Is that warning is common? And in what cases that warning can be ignored?

Here I attached some image of my surface mesh.

I was hoping someone could help me because im stuck with this problem for about 1 month and i have literally no idea how to fix it.

Hey there!

This forum is for support on the SimScale simulation platform exclusively. I don’t think someone around here has the knowledge on other tools to assist you.

If you need help with other simulation tools, please search for their specific forums or help channels.

If you experience some issues or difficulties with SimScale, let us know them!

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies. :smiley:

1 Like