Understanding point displacement output

I am working on a project in which I am interested in the displacement of point data on either end of a frog middle ear in response to a range of sound frequencies. About a year ago, my output was magnitude of displacement, but it only gave me a single output. Now I am seeing Dx, Dy, Dz. I am wondering, was something changed? Was my output previously only Dx, or was it a total displacement value? Here is the link to my project:

Thanks,
Rachel

Hi Rachel!

SimScale recently released an update so that all of the components are delivered for the point data. Previously only the first component from the requested field was delivered.

What you received before depends on what you requested. If you specified the total displacement, then this is what you got. Do you have link to your results to double-check?

1 Like

Thanks for your response! To check my understanding, is “total displacement” a combination of all the components? If so, how can I get that output? In my newer simulations I see x, y, and z displacement output individually but not total displacement. I selected result control> point data > component selection> All, but it gives me each component separately.

Also to check my understanding-- before the update, was it giving me the displacement for the component with the largest magnitude (x direction in my case)?

In case you need it, here’s a link to my project: