Unable to Simulate - After Start no job shows up and stays at Ready to Run

I am no longer able to begin any new simulation run on any mesh of my project.

EDITED: from ‘can’ to ‘also can not’ => I also can not start new sims in other projects.

After sim run is set up and the ‘Start’ button is clicked, the start button grays out and is disabled.

However no job shows up, not even on the dashboard.

And that sim runs status remains stuck at ‘Ready to Run’ forever until I delete that run, like this:
SimStuckat0

Any ideas on this one :cry:

Thanks,
Dale

Hi Dale and thanks for reporting this!

Can you please share the affected project with me? I will check that by myself first and will forward the issue to our engineers accordingly.

Best,

Jousef

Shared, I hope you see the same issue after you copy it :upside_down_face:

Thanks,
Dale

Hi Dale,

work for me (see attached photo).

Is it still an issue for you or did it work in the meantime?

Best,

Jousef

@jousefm

Darn, afraid that would happen.

I still have run ‘T8 135mph 0aoa SRG3 Def_p_U_fourth’ stuck.
And ‘135mph 0aoa SRG5 fourth’ is stuck.
EDIT: Are these two runs stuck in your copy???

And even a new ‘Run 2’ just started is stuck:

:cry:

EDIT: Maybe you have to look at the ‘Shared with Support’ way of accessing my project directly…

Hey Dale,

I tried it for both branches (cannot start a created run from you) and it works for both. Will tell the support and let you know if I find something out.

Best,

Jousef

That is a little progress :slight_smile:

What does the screen look like when you click on one of my 2 already created runs ??

Hi Dale,

this is certainly a bug so do not invest more time into this issue. Will report it and let you know what the status is.

Cheers!

Jousef

1 Like

@jousefm

I INCORRECTLY stated in the first post that I could run sims in other projects.

In fact I can not run sims in other projects either, so i am dead in the water :cry:

I can however run sims in the BETA workbench but that does not help me …

Dale

Hi Dale,

reported the bug already and I will let you definitely know when something new comes up.

Best,

Jousef

I did understand that but I had new information, all my projects (except BETA workbench projects) behave this way…

EDIT: I am so confused. … Out of the blue I got an email that a sim finished on project when I though all sim runs were stuck. Earlier today I was trying new sim runs on projects to confirm that all my sims got stuck. I am sure that every time I tried a new sim run today, on all (non BETA workbench) projects , it appeared to get stuck, That is why I was so surprised when I got an email that a sim just finished… I hope this is another clue for someone…

Dale

Sure Dale,

will adapt the description accordingly to let the engineers know - should have mentioned that, something I do automatically (my bad) :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Jousef

1 Like

Hi @DaleKramer sent you a PM about the issue.

Best,
Richard

@DaleKramer all should be resolved now.
You would need to create new runs from the simulations where they got stuck, but don’t need to change any settings.

Best,
Richard

1 Like