Unable to assign volume for mesh refinement

I have imported an assembly from Onshape, I have given the assembly an initial mesh but when i try to apply mesh refinements i cannot assign any volumes or surfaces from any of the parts. I can select the part and it turns red but in the Local Element Size box at the bottom it just says "No entities have been assigned

I am relatively new to Simscale and wondered if anybody else came across this problem and more importantly found a solution.

Luke.

Hi @luke_uk!

Deleting the mesh results and then assigning the volumes will work. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Jousef

HI Jousefm,

Thanks for the help, this worked perfectly.
So my basic workflow now is:- generate the global mesh, check where needs refinement, delete the global mesh results, apply the refinements and finally run the global mesh again.
This process is a bit different form how it used to be, has it been changed with the new version of Simscale?

Luke.

Hi @luke_uk!

This procedure has always been like that also in the old workbench - you could not add a refinement without deleting the old run. However you could keep your old mesh and just duplicate it for the sake of doing a grid convergence study or something similar, that is up to you how you manage your project :slight_smile:

Best,

Jousef