Ui issue with tutorials

having error :
The solution matrix is singular. This may be caused by an unconstrained rigid body motion, a physical contact definition with open gap in a nonlinear static analysis or incoherent material parameters

@jousefm sir help me

Hello @anurag3583,

I took a quick look at your model and it does have an unconstrained rigid body motion.

You have three faces fixed in X only and two faces fixed in Z (sorry it should be Y). So when you add the pressure the part is free to move along the YZ plane.

To fix this you need to constrain the other side of the model where I have labeled it “No constraint on this face”. I think this will achieve what you are looking for.

Good luck and please let me know if you have any more questions.
Christopher

2 Likes

The following simulation run(s) failed:

• Run 1
    • Newton convergence could not be reached. Possible options to prevent that behavior: Update the tangent matrix more often, increase the maximum number of iterations, use automatic timestepping or decrease the timestep.

Again I got the problem, Please help me out , in the workshop the UI is different and to do exercise current UI is different. I am little bit confused to setting out the all exercise

Hi @anurag3583,

I thought I recognized this model, it’s from the biomedical workshop,right?

That model used Cyclic Symmetry to reduce the model size. When Simscale launched the new workbench interface Cyclic Symmetry moved under Contacts, and Contacts is not an option with a single part anymore.

@jousefm can you confirm if Cyclic Symmetry can be used on a single part?

A workaround would be to modify the geometry to model the whole part or model two sections, bond them together, and then use Cyclic symmetry.

If Cyclic Symmetry is not an option I can help you modify the geometry if you need.

Christopher

yes, Both Ui has different and thats why i got problem

Hey guys!

My colleagues are working on brining the cyclic symmetry feature back in the near future! But as you said Christopher, a workaround can work in the meantime.

Best,

Jousef

help me , do complete this workshop

@cjquijano any solution

can i go with it , please help me

That looks fine @anurag3583! :slight_smile:

it get error
The following simulation run(s) failed:
Run 1
The solution matrix is singular. This may be caused by an unconstrained rigid body motion, a physical contact definition with open gap in a nonlinear static analysis or incoherent material parameters