Too high aspect ratio, elongated faces

I am working on a CFD airflow project. Before simulating, my goal is to create a high quality mesh, however I am having huge troubles with high aspect ration, high tetaspectratio and high non-orthogonality. While checking the aspect ratio in mesh quality checker, I have found these extremely long faces. I have tried multiple things while trying to solve this issue - finer mesh, different gap refinement factor, automatic numerics and adjusted gradient. However no matter what I try to do, these faces always persist. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Link to the project: AirFlow | SimScale Workbench

Thank you,
Adam.

Hello Adam, since you seem to have quite a few of these faces in your CAD model, the easiest/most robust way to solve this issue is by simply cleaning up the CAD model.

It’s possible that by tweaking the mesh settings (e.g. the small feature suppression) you might be able to get rid of some of these, but there are no guarantees.

Thank you for your reply. I double-checked the CAD model and also the exported model for SimScale and the geometry seems fine. Im really not sure why these elongated faces even get created, it is just a sharp edge. I can try putting a small chamfer on those faces, but Im not sure if it will work.

Original CAD

Exported CAD

So the problem seemed to be that momentum source - fan model was touching the generated flow domain and that was causing a lot of trouble. Reducing the size of the fan model geometry fixed these elongated faces.