Time Averaged Results

Hey all, I am fairly new to Simscale. Here’s my project link and what I require help with.

I need a time-averaged result of my simulation. for the current settings in incompressible simulations, I didn’t find anything to cater to this feature. Any help regarding this?

Hey, you are using a steady-state analysis, right? This means that you are simulating a specific state, so the results you are getting are time-independent. If the run has converged, feel free to use the results from the final timestep. I hope this answers your question, but if this is not the case, please let me know :slight_smile:
Best regards,
Fillia

Umm, I think I made an error in saying time-averaged. Here’s what I have now:

I’ve made an animation of 1000s, with a timestep of 100ms. the geometry chosen does not permit it to have a steady state flow as I understand, as it is known that these nozzles have spurts of flow outside rather than a continuous flow.

What I require is, a visual that gives the average flow of the fluid.
I hope it makes sense :sweat_smile:

Hi there, I hope you had a nice weekend!

As the simulation progresses and converges, the visualization of the results should become consistent, meaning that you should not see significant differences between timesteps.
Now, if the residuals have not converged, it is normal that the visualized images are unsteady too.