Theater ventilation

I’m trying to see the airflow of the human breath in a theater. But when I try to make a mesh it constantly say:
One or more cell zones are adjacent to a flow region cavity. Cell zones faces must be inside the flow region.

Can please someone help with it. Because I’m really struggling and need to do this for my graduation thesis.

The boxes you have on top of your theater, (5x4 array) 20 total, appear to not be connected to your main flow volume of the theater. Try redoing your CAD geometry so these are extruded cuts into the ceiling versus doing extruded boss boxes ontop of the theater maybe.

Those boxes appear to be the problem and if you change your geometry it should work.

EDIT In your CAD model use the same process you used for the 4 doors for the ceiling recesses and it should work.
2) Also you could do a boolean operation to get the internal flow volume of the theatre room, in your CAD program, to remove excess walls and faces for a better mesh and simulation, but you could get the simulation to run without doing this.
3) Also might be a good idea to change those individual chairs into a single extrusion bench style seat (Shape of an L extruded length of the row) for less individual geometry pieces. Again it’ll help with the mesh and simulation extensiveness.

Best
Jake

1 Like

Thanks for jumping in here Jake, much appreciated! :+1:

Best,

Jousef

1 Like

Thank you for helping. I changed a few things and now the mesh works. But at the simulation I get a new error:
A multi-region mesh was assigned - this analysis-type requires a single-region mesh

Could you please help me with that as well?

Hello Arutten,

With you geometry there is a region between your walls. If you see under your stairs and inbetween the inner and outer wall there is a region. Along with the region you want to simulate.

With the geometry dropdown open you will see your CAD File named “Theater met mens V2”, right mouse button click on it. Then click add geometry operation, then click enclosure. Follow those prompts to create a flow volume for the inside of your theater. This will cut away the space under your stairs and should create a flow volume that can be meshed and simulated. Let me know if this works.

Best,
Jake

1 Like