The specified maximum runtime of the job was exceeded

Hi All,

May I asking about that topic. When I simulating a compressible fluid I found a problem same with that. This is my first time to use Simscale. I am running that case with 16 core. If you have a time, I am very appreciate if you can look my project and help me to solve the problem.

Cheers,
Rahmad

Hey @rahmad27,
in 5 of 6 simulation you reach the maximum runtime.
I think you have two options, increase the computing cores or increas the maximum runtime.
In your last simulation 800 from 1000 iterations are calculated. I think it will need a bit more time to calculate the complete iterations. Increase the maximum runtime, and it will be complete the calculation :slight_smile:

Best regards
Kai

1 Like

Hi @Kai_himself,

Thank you very much for your suggest, I will try it to increase the maximum runtime.

Best regards,
Rahmad

Hi @Kai_himself,

I have a problem like this “Maximum number of iterations exceeded when calculating temperature from a thermodynamic potential.” . I think that problem arises because the inlet velocity is too high. my inlet velocity is -158.27 m/s in y direction. Do you have a suggest for me to solve the problem ?

Best regards,
Rahmad

@rahmad27,
ok, but this error occurs not in your linked project or ? Can you send a link to this new message ?

Best regards
Kai

1 Like

Hi @Kai_himself,

I have found a solution for my problem. I try to increase the level of the mesh and reduce the inlet velocity . Thank you very much for your response.

Best regards,
Rahmad

3 Likes