The seed face disappeared when combining the tool objects. Please select a seed face adjacent to the desired void region

I am trying to create a closed inner region of my mesh but it keeps coming up with the error message “The seed face disappeared when combining the tool objects. Please select a seed face adjacent to the desired void region.” no matter which face I choose, I’m relatively new to using simscale and CAD software in general, I’ve imported my model in an IGES format from AutoCad and doesn’t have any holes to the outside that I am aware of, what should I do?

Hi!

From inspecting your model, it looks like the “Solid87” already represents the flow region and the “Solid86” is an extra volume, that could be deleted from the geometry.

Essentially you (unintentionally, from what it seems) created the flow region directly in your CAD software, which is perfectly valid. You can just delete the additional volume and continue with the setup normally. There’s no need to perform a flow volume extraction in this case.

Cheers

2 Likes