Support not working?

I am new to simscale and I am trying to design a lightweight mouse, I wanted to see how much the support structure would help in the overall strenght of the part, but it seemed that it was completely useless in the simulation. It seems like I correctly applied the forces to the faces which I wanted to, but the support piece in the middle does not move at all, does anyone have a clue as to what I did wrong?

Also, how would I be able to instead of applying a pressure in pascals to the faces, apply a given “weight” in kilograms that would be exerted to those faces in a given direction? I think that doing that would make the simulation more comprehensive for me, since when gripping a mouse it is easier to say how much kilograms you apply to its sides with your fingers instead of how much pascals you apply.

Hi @yemin64270, thanks a lot for posting at our forum :slight_smile:

When creating a post on the forum, make sure to always share the project link, if possible! In your case, since yours was public, I could find it on your profile:

As to your question

It seems that you’ve set a fixed support boundary condition to that surface, that’s why it doesn’t move

The fixed support will restrict movement in x, y and z directions.

Regarding this part

I guess you could apply a formula and select the value in kg for examples then multiply it by the gravity magnitude (\mathrm{g \approx 9.81 \; m/s^2})

If you think that should be a native feature within the platform, please submit your suggestion at the SimScale RoadMap :muscle:

Best,
Igor

2 Likes