I’ve been running some tests meanwhile. This error message is not a common one, first time stumbling upon it.
There was one post with a similar error message in the past, although it was while a simulation was running, and not while the mesh was being generated.
In any case, I noticed that there’s a decent number of mesh faces in error just before the script crashes:
Now I’m really not sure what causes this error but I tried to use a little bit extra refinement in hopes of getting less bad cells.
I ended up managing to get a mesh by changing region refinement from level 3 to level 4 and by disabling min volume in mesh quality controls:
Here’s the final lines of the log from the resulting mesh: